I didn’t chime in, so you’re only disagreeing with Josh :-).

I’m way off the norm on this topic. Years ago, I installed an automatic bilge
pump with a float switch on the Enterprise-A (C&C 34) which worked great for a
couple of months. Then the float switch malfunctioned and was stuck in the on
position, killing the battery.

Now I’m back to the old fashioned way - no automatic; just switched.

Normally, my bilge is steadily low. And after some major rainfall, it’ll pump
out pretty quickly.

I agree with Bruce — if you find that you need more than 300gph on a regular
basis, you’ve got a bigger problem and you’re better off finding it and
correcting it.

My pump is 200gph, and maybe I’ll use it once every two months for three
minutes or less. The last time I had to run it more frequently than that, I
needed new packing in my stuffing box.

PS - Don’t  be afraid to disagree with Josh. Sometimes it’s good to put that
young hippie know-it-all in his place now and then.

All the best,

Edd

———————————————-
Edd M. Schillay