http://lnvtblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-slurpee-bilge-pump.html’

https://lifeempirically.com/2018/03/12/build-your-own-diy-arid-bilge-or-dry-bilge-system/

I think this came up around a year ago –

Bill

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Tim
Rutherford via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:13 AM
To: cnc-list
Cc: Tim Rutherford
Subject: Re: Stus-List Bilge pump question

Johnson Pumps integrated pump and electronic sensor 32-47260-003 1000 GPH
Ultima Bilge Pump, 12V, works good for me now.

The bilge on my centerboard boat is quite shallow and there is no room for a
switch at the same level as the pump resulting in more than necessary residual
water level  if controled with a typical float switch. This pump requires
careful placement to ensure proper start-stop operation. First unit ran dry and
failed but was replaced under warranty. Works with a typical 3-wire bilge
control panel.

Pump runs dry sometimes when sailing heeled over so occassionally have to
switch to manual.

This freed up the existing rule-matic switch to be used as a high water sensor
wired to a water witch BP500 alarm mounted topside in the cockpit.

Wish I had a diaphragm pump for a really dry bilge but with the A/C running
almost nonstop here in Florida, and draining condensate into the bilge, it's
not a likely solution.

--
Tim Rutherford

1981 C&C 36-1 KCB #244 Chamamé

tim.rutherford.m...@gmail.com
Tampa, Florida

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 4:02 PM Matt Wolford via CnC-List