I removed my collar so I could have it refinished.  While it was out I
checked for core but found solid fiberglass.  I bedded it with butyl and
have had no problems.  I'm not a die hard fan of butyl and in some cases I
think it leaves much to be desired - Not in this case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0hKiPOon_uYQ8vIR6_2P7Lp_U6p7zSA/view?usp=drivesdk

Jake Broaderson on Midnight Mistress used the pourable mast seal (the name
is escaping me - spar-tite?)  He said that it had created a permanent bond
between the collar and the mast.  The only way to remove the mast was to
now unbolt and remove the collar!

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+