Joe, while I can agree that the hardware creates a lever arm which places
torque on the cylinder head and is not ideal.  I'm not convinced that it is
not installed as provided when new from the OEM.  It nearly matches my
original setup perfectly.  I've since installed an elbow so that the lever
arm runs down the body of the cylinder and supports the regulator.  It is
now also more compact for fitting in the locker.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD