When you say Windsong, are you sure you don’t mean Winds Aloft?

Tom S

From: John Conklin via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:41 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: John Conklin
Subject: Re: Stus-List New-guy C&C 40 Shopping questions

A nice 34/36 ( Windsong) from MI just  showed up  here in oriental its a nice
ride for sure! I have also been on tht model and would stongly conside the 35MK
and the 34 even the 32 for a sport cruiser? after being around this site for a
while He Paid/stole it for $25k  and shipped to NC have bot seen sails but in
overall about average condition
My 1982 C&C 37 standard fixed keel was listed at $39k ( I am in sales ;) ) with
like new sails and canvas to rookie me the big ticket items.  I had bought the
boat in my mind before i even walked off or new of the depth of knowledge on
this forum ! Reason #1 affordable,  #2 I fit very comfortable below with no
neck tilting ! Still had original manuals and brochures very well kept
I love the old brochure Brawn and Beauty!
Although I had some sailing exp on a hunter 33 - 38- 46  (bought dur to admiral
and raced !) This was my first boat over 16 ft also ! Needless to say i learned
alot. Quick
I  bought my slip cash and dropped a quick $5k on bottome paint and a few misc
items before even launching (i just bought paint for DIY this time)
Fast forward 3 years ... I Love this boat as mentioned it will take whatever i
throw at it I could drop $50k tomorrow new standing rigging, linear drive Auto
pilot, topside paint  new eltronics to name a few .. but , and all systems work
lerfect ( including the A/C :) and we still sail 3x!  a week . As a an added
bonus We have also won most every race, which was totally new to rookie me. As
mentioned she is great in light air ! And although winch placement is not Ideal
I often go out Solo and love it! sometimes headsail only and sometimes full
sail in anything from 8-25 knts she is totally managable and tracks like a
dream. I only use autopilor to drop the main. Nuff said here. Gotta go sailing
!
Get a boat and get a nice well maintained C&C  you wont regret it !

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
www.flirtingwithfire.net

On Jul 21, 2020, at 1:25 PM, Jeffrey Brideau via CnC-List