Brian:

I forget what I had on my 34, although I believe the deck lights were
mounted on the spreaders.

The mast on my 42 came with a stainless housing that mounted wimpy Perko
lights (top and bottom).  Rather than replace the Perko fixtures/bulbs, I
went in a different direction.  Just above the housing I installed a Hella
LED steaming light.  Although they call it a masthead light, I believe it
was this one:

https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/navigation-lamps/masthead/3-nm-navil
ed-masthead-led-navigation-lamp.html

Just below the old housing I installed a Hella LED flood, which will light
up the entire foredeck (and may be overkill):

https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/floodlights/round-work-lights/module
-70-led-floodlights.html

Installation was straightforward, they seem to be working fine.  I sealed
the old housing and use it for excess wire storage (outside the mast).  As I
recall, I also installed a cage (or whatever they call it) to protect the
lights from halyards.

Matt Wolford

C&C 42 Custom

Erie, PA