I installed one of the less expensive MarineBeam steaming/deck lights on
Grenadine’s mast before the start of the 2019 season, as part of an overhaul of
the mast’s lights and wiring (switched from incandescent to LED, switched to
proper marine-grade wiring).

The electronic part of the light has been good.  I got the red/white switchable
model, and use the red in combination with my blue LED spreader light from West
Marine, gives me some real disco-looking fuchsia sails at night.

However the housing is sub-par.  You fasten it to the mast with screws through
the holes in those plastic “wings”.  Earlier this season a halyard fouled on
the tip of the starboard wings and tore it off the screw, leaving the fixture
flapping from the port screw and making an even bigger fouling hazard.  I’ve
done a couple quick fixes with tape, but will have to drill more holes in the
damaged wing (and my mast) to properly secure the thing.

I’d look for one made of sturdier materials.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30 MK I #79