1st, thanks to the list members for the replies re my questions on jump
starting a battery in a house and start battery bank set-up with an ACR. I
think I have that straight!
While I think I know the answer to the following question, I am pretty sure
that others on the list know the answer!
I plan to add a small solar panel to my system to keep the batteries topped off
while I am away from the boat. (I prefer not to have shore power hooked up
unless I am on board.)
Since the ACR will distribute the solar power to the battery that needs it most
(or both if they are at the same state of charge), does it matter whether I
hook up the solar power via the mppt controller to the house or start battery
bank?
My current plan is to use a Blue Seas buss bar with a 50 Amp mrbf fuse to the
positive terminal of the house battery bank.
Thanks,
Charlie NelsonWater PhantomC&C 36 XL/kcb