From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 2020-08-02 22:29 (GMT-05:00)
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Solar panels in ACR environment

Marek,

Respectfully, I disagree with your statement on the size of the fuse and basing
it on the gauge of the wire.  I'm pretty sure the max amperage of the fuse
should be based on the rating of the smallest down stream item, this limiting
item could be the wire but generally should not be.  This is an important
distinction since many times, the gauge of the wire is larger than the rating
of the remote device.  This is done to reduce the line loss and is especially
important to consider when developing a solar charging system.  Even small
amounts of line loss can represent a high percentage loss of the available AHrs.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 18:55 Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List
The fuse needs to protect the wire (not the end device). This means that you
pick a fuse based on the size of the wire.

Marek