Check out the you tube sailing channel “Sailing Uma”.  About a younger couple
with a Pearson 36 they converted to electric and have sailed throughout the
Bahamas, up the eastern US coast and across the Atlantic and are currently in
the Netherlands.  They have interesting videos about their experience with an
electric motor, might be worth the watch for you and your decision making.

Cheers,
Brad Crawford
C&C 36 “Dora Pearl”
Seattle