Dear C&C List members,

I have a C&C29 MK1 and over the weekend the mast step failed and the mast
sank about 4 or 5 inches!

We suspect this is due to the mast step block having rotten away. But we
won't know for sure until the mast is removed on Saturday.

We're hoping to fix the issue well enough to enjoy the remainder of the
season on Lake Michigan. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to do
this?

Furthermore, if anyone has photos of the process of replacing the mast step
or dimensions for the block of wood etc we'd really appreciate it. At this
point in time, we've never seen the mast step and don't know precisely what
we're going to need to make the repair.

For reference: here's photos of the damage:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u9GBQpsTzUWkmrhZA

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Lee