I have ST-60 speed that over time lost its reading. The paddle spun freely
but no reading. I replaced the paddle and its function returned. I suspect
that years of fresh coatings of anti fouling bottom paint on the paddle
wheel built up a thickness that blocked the impulse. Pull the paddle wheel
and try scraping off the paint.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans