Chuck,

The design of the Mega 30 is erroneously ascribed to Peter Barrett on
Sailboatdata.com. I'm sure Rob Ball will also chime in here to defend his
design. Peter Barrett, representing North Sails, worked closely with George
Cuthbertson in the creation of the Mega concept, but the execution of the
design, for good or evil, was entirely C&C Design Group. I should know
because I was the Project Manager for this design. ;-)

Incidentally, the prototype of the Mega was built in aluminium by Martin
and Danny Klacko at Klacko Marine.

On a related note, I included the Mega 30 in a recent Design Comparison
piece on lift keel trailerable boats that will appear in the next issue of
Good Old Boat magazine. .

Rob Mazza