Hi Chuck,

As I understand it, your breakdown of this HIN looks correct to me, with
the 1978 Model Year, and the I indicator for month,  so built in April of
1978.

The model year usually changed in September, so a boat built between
September of 1977 and August of 1978 would have a 78 for the 1978 Model
year, even though it was built in 1977 or 1978.  This one seems to have
been built in I = April so the Model Year and Build Year would be the same,
1978.

Ken H.