Great answers!  Thanks as always, Dennis.

From: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 11:58 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Two questions

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 10:38 AM Matthew <wolf...@erie.net
<mailto:wolf...@erie.net> > wrote:

Listers:

                I have two unrelated questions:

1.       One of my winter projects is to dress up area around the small windows
down below using some wood planking (or batten strips, or whatever you call
it).  The cabin deck is cored, so the ceiling in the middle of the cabin can be
screwed into.  There is no coring around the windows, however; just fiberglass
(about ¼” thick).  Any thoughts on how best to attach the planking to the
inside fiberglass?  I suppose I could epoxy the planking in place, but this
seems like overkill and a lot of work.

 Tape around the trim pieces and glue the wood with a small bead of 3M 5200.

2.       A second winter project is to reduce the number of winches on the deck
around the mast.  I believe the easiest way to accomplish this, without going
crazy and rearranging everything, is to use two strategically placed rope
clutches.  To mount each rope clutch on the deck at the correct height, I will
need to make a pad or something (like a winch pad, but for a rope clutch).  I
could use teak, which requires maintenance; starboard, which does not; or
something else that does not require maintenance.  Any suggestions?

StarBoard.  Note the small Powercleat between the triple rope clutch and the
companionway.  It's raised on a small StarBoard pad.  I used a 1/4 inch
roundover router bit.

  See:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsYXlZZ2ZRX21Rd3M/view?usp=sharing
<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdrive.google.com%2ffile%2fd%2f0B_sb5TfIENvsYXlZZ2ZRX21Rd3M%2fview%3fusp%3dsharing&c=E,1,e4PnEKLlGqkMJRYlbQx4my8WBypWumJNB9bV8nAygzaQimI7d04ihtUVm4vFvAM1R8rm7vH3__xXzC7RG6zAC2PiFSBZr9FivFfP6pRUKQ5-mpuBDCCk&typo=1>

 Thanks in advance.

Matt

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83