Ted,
You can likely negotiate with Doyle if you haven't already got them as low
as they would go (I have with Doyle up here in MA and didn't even have a
comparable quote although I had looked at precision's website - I just told
them that the asymmetrical spin I had them quote was out of my budget and
gave a number that was significantly less and they met my price).  So I
suggest talking to them and seeing if they can beat your quote from
Quantum).  I have definitely been happy with Doyle quality and service here
in New England.  No experience with Quantum but local manufacturing is
definitely nice when you can do it.
Nathan
S/V Wisper
1981 C&C 34 CB