From: Marek Dziedzic
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 7:16 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: weather station

Hi,

This is not C&C related, but certainly sailing-related...

I have a general question to anyone who is involved in running a weather
station for the sailing club (or similar). Our Club had various weather
stations over the years, but the last one failed about a year ago and we did
not have anything this season. I was asked to investigate what we could use.

I have two options already: Davis Vantage Pro 2 and WeatherFlow Tempest.

Davis w/s is reasonably high-end, but it also has a rather high-end price.
WeatherFlow is very new, has very attractive pricing and no moving parts.

This will be a Sailing Club w/s, so the most important parameters are wind
speed and direction; anything else is a bonus.

Thanks

Marek Dziedzic
Ottawa, On