Joel,

The Atomic 4 is a simple engine to work on.

In addition to Moyer, you might contact Old Lyme Marina in Connecticutt.  I
got parts from them when I was resurrecting my old AT4.

Here's what I did to resurrect it after 10 years or so of it being idled.

1.  Pulled plugs and poured a tablespoon or so of Marvel Mystery Oil down
each cylinder.
2.  Removed and cleaned sediment bowl
3.  Rebuilt carberator.  It should be a Bendix Zenith carb.  Rebuild kit
from NAPA
4.  Sprayed carb cleaner through all fuel lines
5.  Disconnected and cleaned all wiring
6.  Found start button inoperative.  Cleaned it.  Replace if necessary
7.  Replaced spark plugs and bench set timing.
8.  Closed cooling water intake seacock and cranked it until it finally
started
9.  Removed plates on either side of block and cleaned/inspected water
passages
10.  Ran engine at fast idle + and poured automatic transmission fluid into
carb

Note:  Don't do Step 10 in a crowded marina.  It generates HUGE amounts of
smoke.

The purpose of closing the seacock is to prevent water from backing up into
the cylinders if the engine doesn't start.  The combustion gases blow the
water out.  If you try to start it in your garage, this is not applicable.

My previous boat had a running AT4 when I bought it.  I installed an
electronic ignition and coil kit from Indigo.  Moyer sells one.

Sometimes AT4 ignition coils will overheat and short out internally.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA