The paint costs are but a mere fraction of the paint job.  After all that $
that goes into prep, I would not scrimp on the paint.

From: Alan Liles via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 12:42 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Alan Liles <lilesal...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Painting substitution question

I had a boat painted with Imron. I was very happy with it. It was somewhat
cheaper than Awlgrip but you need supplied fresh air when spraying as it's
fairly toxic.

Al Liles
SV Elendil, C&C 37/40+
Vancouver

On Feb 24, 2021, at 7:20 PM, Ronald B. Frerker via CnC-List
Well, the old Wild Cheri is in bad need of a new paint job.  But rather than a
regular expensive marine paint, here's an interesting question:  Since
Corvettes and other cars are either fiberglass or plastic these days, couldn't
some kind of auto paint work as well on the deck and hull?
I would imagine auto paint would be less expensive since it's used so often and
so widespread.
Any downside the list can think of?
Ron
Wild Cheri
C&C 30-1
STL

send contribution --
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.me%2Fstumurray&data=04%7C01%7C%7C38a4da5603d14ecaffd808d8d9501872%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637498285316358974%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VtLB5p8cOYpHBXBVs8hJ5cfNw3yG7a9CUqdiZsYOVwI%3D&reserved=0>
  Thanks - Stu