Presently on the hard, the mast is out and I wetvac the bilge dry in the fall
and cover w a tarp.  The bilge stays bone dry.

When I keep her in the water through winter, I wetvac the bilge every six weeks
or so and leave some panels open to ventilate.  Solar fans move the air enough
to keep odors down.

In the past I used biodegradable Tide to clean the bilge.  Pour a capful in
once in a while and let the rocking of the boat mix it around.

Chuck S