Thanks for all the thoughts on smelly bilge.  I will add some detergent or
bleach when it warms up and leave it there for a while and hope that cleans it
out.  As to garboard drains, I have considered it, but the thought of drilling
another hole in the bottom of the boat just fills me with dread.  It is not
that big a problem to need that solution.  As to dehumidifiers, sounds like a
nice idea, but there is no power near the boat where it is stored this winter,
so that is not an option.  I doubt it would help given the amount of water that
comes down the mast in heavy rains.   Dave

David Knecht
S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT