You're right; the numbers for our boats suggest that (although a larger
boat should ride better, the 40 isn't that much larger), so it's probably
just my lack of experience in keeping her balanced, and maybe the bagged
out sails at times. It's hard to tell from a video I guess. We generally
see pretty short steep waves around here, which can really stop the boat,
and sometimes make tacking a challenge. We tend to reef later than we
should since it's all at the mast, and my wife is less confident helming
the boat when the wind picks up. The boat in the video looks like it has
one reef in the main, and is nicely balanced. I will see about improving
our reefing setup while we're in maintenance mode over the next month.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com