I think the tall rig on the 40 is fine for the ICW.
I loved that boat. She gave me few excuses to use the engine, even in light
airs if I looked at her sideways she was doing 5 knots. And she'd point like
Babe Ruth predicting a home run. Heading home from Cuttyhunk was always lovely;
we'd head down the rhumb line for R2A with sheets just a little eased and we'd
watch all the Benecatahunts fade off to leeward into the Sakonnet River and
eventually start motoring. The 40 combines performance and beauty to an extent
not seen on many other boats. It’s my favorite C&C!

Andy
(Stuck in the Bahamas with clients far away from my own boat)

Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI
USA    02840