Well, if you keep up with the Watco wax, you should never have to do it again.   I did mine 5 years ago and it still looks great!

The original was 30 years old and not well cared for and only the areas near sinks, showers, leaking ports and the companion way were completely dry.   They came back nicely though.

I took all the doors, drawers and removable pieces home the first winter and did them in the garage.  I was doing a couple of pieces a couple nights a week after work and got them all refinished.

All the bulkheads and cabinetry I finished up over one or two weekends.   It was a learning curve.  I tried doing it by hand sanding with a block at first.  Had i started with the palm sander, it would have gone much smoother and faster.

Danny