You can send it to Raymarine for service.....they can give you a quote for a
fix.  I've use them every few years to fix my Wheel Pilot X5.  They have a flat
fee repair.Spencer Johnson 84 LF 38 Alegria #165Racine, WISent from my Verizon,
Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Fred Hazzard via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/19/21  11:37 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Stus-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Peter Kirkwood <peterdkirkw...@gmail.com>, Fred
Hazzard <fshazz...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List Re: Auto pilot??? I am in need
of someone to repair the brain of my st 6000 autopilot. Any suggestions?Fred
Hazzard S/V Fury C&C 44Sent from my iPhoneOn Apr 19, 2021, at 8:38 AM, Peter
Kirkwood via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Agree.  Went with the
hydraulic ram on my 38 and it is excellent and hasn’t been overpowered yet in
any conditions On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:35 AM Don Marlin via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:My 40 had a wheel pilot when I bought it.
(ST4000+ and the wheel ring)It was only useful for motoring in calm seas.The
mechanism would get overpowered in anything else and then it would just quit
trying.I viewed it as a safety item and so I have since upgraded to a hydraulic
ram on the quadrant and it works much better.I left the electronics alone
(ST4000+) so that will need to be upgraded when the budget allows.For now it is
reliable in the sense the mechanics don't get overpowered.If you are starting
from scratch I would find a way to install a below decks AP.On Mon, Apr 19,
2021 at 11:11 AM Ted_Relinda--- via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:I am
looking for suggestions on an auto pilot for our 40-2. I don't think the
Raymarine wheel pilot will work good enough. Anybody got suggestions on either
s wheel mount or a quadrant mount. What do you use???  Also I would like to be
able to connect to my B&G Zues3 down the line.  Thanks for any input.
TedTen-TenPunta Gorda,Fl. Sent from Yahoo Mail on AndroidThanks to all of the
subscribers that contributed to the list to help with the costs involved.  If
you want to show your support to the list - use PayPal to send contribution --
 https://www.paypal.me/stumurray  Thanks - Stu