Another option is to buy smooth fiberglass sheet in 4" x 36" or 4" x 72" long
strip and epoxy that over the holes.  1/8" would be plenty think as this area
is not structural.  For $10.73 plus shipping, this stuff is amazingly stiff and
strong and will save most of your final faring time.  You can cut it to shape
with regular tools and paint it after.  I use 1/4" stuff for making backing
plates and the 1/8" stuff for deck pads for hardware.
https://www.mcmaster.com/fiberglass-sheets/fiberglass/

Chuck S