Look at the material safety data sheet for Sew Clean.  It's phosphoric
acid.  In my opinion, at $50/gal that is a bit pricey for phosphoric acid.

On the other hand, Klean Strip Concrete etch and cleaner is also phosphoric
acid and at about the same strength.  Home Depot sells it for $18/gal.

Vinegar (acetic acid), <$3/gal also works but probably more slowly.  I soak
joker valves in it overnight and the uric scale comes right off.

Uric scale is mostly calcium in combination with proteins from your pee.
Any mild acid should dissolve it.

You can Google "uric scale remover" and find a bunch of commercial products
also.
  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83