Hi Mike!  Haven't seen you in over a year, hope all is well.

Secret Plans has an Espar with the exhaust out the transom, it is angled sufficiently that I have absolutely no concerns about drainage, it has worked flawlessly since 2010.  I've got it tucked up high as I could and still get a 12" upward hump in the exhaust hose (and maintain clearance from the hull).  Boat is at BBYC on the hard for another 10 days if you want a look, you've got my OK to climb up.  Don't steal the rum.

My fitting doesn't have an elbow, it is welded up on an angle. Like this one: https://www.nwmarineair.com/thru-hull-fitting-angled/ <https://www.nwmarineair.com/thru-hull-fitting-angled/>

best,

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2021-05-04 4:18 p.m., Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List wrote:

Wondering if anyone on this list has installed a forced air heater with the exhaust thru hull on a reverse transom?

The thru hull I purchased can be seen has an elbow to force the exhaust hose into an upward loop but with a reverse transom there is potential for water to build up at this elbow joint.

Has anyone experience with this and how it is typically resolved?

Thanks

Mike Hoyt

Persistence

Halifax NS