A picture is the easiest way to show how mine is installed. I didn't do the
work, so I don't know if that ovalized trim ring is standard.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3dOGxyHGeiFDqOIEGkz5-tkRcjJ-PBQkJ-sXT-N76L8uiaKwQmYEFbODh1tUwmi_0ZPutRsUE4uf6BTNR3zN6yoJbSOhsUeOkzTA7PaFsXE9tCh6ZmUnd_bfcMWAVPka5CbP7x6ga9jDAEq9NNLB4eR=w1444-h929-no?authuser=0

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC