On my C&C 34, I have a non-automatic bilge pump in the well next to the mast
holder. It’s old and back flows about gallon (maybe an exaggeration!) of water
back into the bilge once it shuts off. I’m replacing it and expect I can just
attach the new bilge pump to the existing outflow piping. My question is, if I
wanted to install a second one (automatic one), slightly higher in same area,
Do I need an entirely new outflow and thru-hull or can I join it with a ‘Y’
connector to the same pipe as the first bilge pump… so they would each use same
pipe/thru-hull?

Dean