Nate - I had some on mine made by the prior owner and the steps had a concave
groove on the underside that matched the diameter of the stainless rung,  and
notches in each end to
Accommodate the vertical part of the ladder.  They were secured in place very
well with what I believe was silicone in the groove on the underside.
Invisible fastening basically and quite elegant.  stayed well stuck for decades.

Dave  33-2

Sent from my iPhone