You may need to get more aggressive with heat.  Try a MAP gas torch.

________________________________
From: Bruno Lachance via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 7:31:36 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Bruno Lachance <bruno_lacha...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List 33-2 chainplates / galvanic corrosion problem

Hi,

I want to remove my starboard side chainplate "assembly" for inspection /
maintenance/ sealing. The 33-2 has a unique system, with a stainless steel part
ondeck, trough bolted with bronze bolts to an aluminum block / backing plate
inside that connects to an adjustable rod.

The problem i have is the galvanic corrosion that occured between the bronze
blots and the alumimun backing plate. The thickness is maybe around 1/2 inch
and everyting is stuck together. i was able to undo the nuts and i see the
white corrosion that fused the bolts to the aluminum block.

So far I sprayed white vinegar with water, i used some heat from a heat gun,
and a hammer with a block of hard wood. nothing happened...

Any other ideas on how to break this loose ? what are my options if i dont want
to detroy the parts or the deck!

At this point i kind of wish i never started but at this point i'm afraid to
get a leak that could damage the balsa.

i know i'm looking for a miracle, but i have faith in you!

Thank you.

Bruno Lachance
Bécassine, 33-2
New-Richmond, Qc