Steve / Chuck

CME in Burnside was one of the 3 he consulted....also Peter Drillio and Evert Powell.

The owner and mechanic (Powell) talked directly to Yanmar who advised that there was not a replacement transmission that would connect to the engine without significant modification.  and who was going to do the modification(s)?  When the mechanic explained the transmission issue to Yanmar, they advised that it would require a complete rebuild.

The owner felt given the cost and the time involved to rebuild the transmission (it had to be shipped somewhere?) he would loose the season so he bought a new engine and transmission.  From start to finish, it took approx. 2 months.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -#277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2021-06-15 9:18 a.m., Chuck Gilchrest via CnC-List wrote:
The question needs to be presented to Mack Boring, the Yanmar distributor and OEM interface with most boat builders east of the Mississippi River.  They know what can and can not be replaced or serviced. Good folks work there.

https://mackboring.com/ <https://mackboring.com/>
Chuck Gilchrest
Half Magic
1983 LF 35