We had the same(?) problem with our 40-2. The wheel was getting harder and
harder to turn. It would almost lock up on us and had to be forced to start
turning. We dropped the rudder and noticed some crusty crud on it and inside
the nrudder tube. I was able to get a small cylinder hone and ran it up and
down a couple time slowly on my 18v drill. Put it back together with green
grease and it worked like new. Wheel pilot works much easier.
Ted.
Ten-Ten '81 40-2
Punta Gorda, Fl.

     On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 12:38:26 AM EDT, Andrew Means via CnC-List