Amaxon sells a Midland set for $69.  Includes ear bud mics.

________________________________
From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 11:18:59 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: 2-way headsets?

Voice activated walkie talkies?  About $40 a pair on eBay.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 12:07 PM Steve Thomas via CnC-List

I have looked for those as well and the price cannot be justified from any
technical perspective. Everyone it seems looks to cellphones first, but there
is no way they can talk to each other without a tower. They could make it
possible with blue-tooth but they don't. Ought to be a way to get blu-tooth
based headphones to communicate with each other too but that is not supported
either. Then I looked for FRS radios built into headphones, and back to stupid
high prices. I'll bet we could have purchased something off the shelf at Radio
Shack 30 or 40 years ago that would have worked just fine.

Enough of the rant.

The only thing I have found short of manufacturing something would be a FRS
walkie-talkie with VOX and a compatible headset.

Steve Thomas