I’m surprised that you had problems with leaks from the butyl used by C&C.

I pulled all the hardware off of my boat and in every instance where butyl was
used, the core was bone-dry. No leaks. Nada. Zip. None. Dust dry core.

The only leaks that I had were the subsequent deck hardware installations that
I did (poorly) using 4200 and Sikaflex.

All the re-bedding that I have done has been with the butyl that I purchased
from the Maine guy...

Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
1998 Mast & Mallet Thomas Point 34 - Katana
Reedville, VA