I plan to use EVA foam on my cockpit floor.  I bought two rolls of EVA that
look like teak for $73/roll.  I probably could get away with a single roll, but
wanted extra material in case.  I have no idea how well it will hold up.

https://www.amazon.com/CHURERSHINING-Decking-Marine-Flooring-Adhesive/dp/B07P6ZMW3G/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=boat%2Bdeck%2Bcovering&qid=1611610224&sr=8-2&th=1

Chuck S