We don't really have any of those clubs, I hear about in Canada, around these parts.  Most boatyards here see boat owners as 'marks' and try to squeeze as much of the boat owners money as they can get.  I was paying over $900 to haul, unstep/step the mast, and move the boat a couple miles to and from the storage yard, each way.  That's for a 40 foot boat with about 50 foot stick.

Not all boat yards are run this way.  I can think of 2 right now that were good experiences but neither of them can handle my boat.  One will only take boats up 34 feet and the other did not want to mess with the track of the Sheafer boom furling system that ran up the mast.

Most other yards make me want to sell my boat and give up on boating until i retire...

Danny

On Oct 1, 2021 11:10 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

Same here (NSC in Ottawa). If you do it yourself, it cost you nothing; you just need a few friends to help. If you hire a local “service provider”, they will do it for about $100. I use them for the haul-out and unstepping in the fall, or for launching and stepping in the spring and the total cost is around $200-$300 (depending on the size of the boat). Our spar crane can handle most of the masts, though the Club limits the boat size to 36’ (so the masts are also limited in size). I think our spar crane can handle 500 kg max.

Marek

Ottawa, ON

From: Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 2:53 PM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Hoyt, Mike <Mike.Hoyt@impgroup.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Mast in and out

We have a spar crane at our club that is no charge to members.  We get a group of owners together to do our own

If we pay someone it is under $500 each way for  boat such as the 35.  I suspect that you may need to hire a boom truck, etc as part of your mast down and put it back up

Mike Hoyt

Persistence

Halifax