Bruce,

How often do you really need a dodger?  As a Gulf Coast sailor, I generally
want protection for transits along the coast or multi day cruises where
inclement weather is expected.  Otherwise, I just want an open bimini.

For those infrequent occasions where I do want protection, I had a canvas
maker buddy build me a very simple windshield.  It zips to the forward
underside of my bimini and uses simple leach cord ties around the bimini
bows.  It wraps around most of the bimini.  The bimini frame is mounted
just outside the cockpit coaming.  The windshield usually affords
protection to anyone sitting on the very forward portion of the cockpit
seats.  It has a zipper roll up/down portion in the middle for ventilation
when desired.

Sorry I don't have any pictures.

I can put it up and take it down in about 10 minutes.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83