Hi Rob,

We have a dodger on our 37+ (actually a 37XL).  We're quite happy with our
dodger, it is tall and roomy but doesn't get in the way.  It has one top
panel, and five window panels (one large front window panel, two front
corners with windows, and two sides with large windows).  The front panel
zips open, or comes off completely, as do any or all of the other panels.
All panels can come off and the top panel and frame still stays in
place, if that is what you want, or you can fold it all down.  We tend to
put it on for the summer and just leave it up all the time as it doesn't
cause any issues getting up or down the companionway, and no issues sailing
the boat.  We don't even bother to take it down wehn racing for evening
races.

The side panels have large pockets sewn on the insides, below the windows.
We use these for all kinds of stuff, books, binoculars, phones, etc.

There is also an extra panel that zips on the back of the dodger and
extends to the backstay to provide sun and rain protection to the cockpit,
but that can't be used with the boom sheeted in as it gets in the way of
the main sheet and traveller.  We use it while running downwind on long
runs, and use it at anchor if we are expecting rain or too much sun.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pMGCqocwBVmCuBvy7

It was built by Eau Vent LM Inc. in Quebec but he doesn't seem to still be
in business.  He may have a pattern he might share.  He speaks french, his
english is Ok, but not great.  They do (did?) really good work. Tel. 418
847-9801

Ken H.