I keep waiting for Progressive to get revealed as a huge scheme.
I was paying $700/yr. to Geico (nee BoatUS) for ONE boat and now I have all
three of my boats on Progressive with better coverage for $700/yr. They had no
issue with quoting a C&C 41 and I think their website states they go up to 50
feet or so. I am also about to switch my car insurance to them, same deal,
better coverage for less money. Not that I would actually try it, but my Boston
Whaler is insured to go 100 miles offshore from Maine to Florida and so is the
dinghy.
How do they do this?
I also wonder about the insured value, on the form to sign up it is whatever
you say it is. I wonder if it has some algorithm to flag wildly inappropriate
values. I swear I was being careful, but my $150,000 dinghy got loose and
vanished. Darn the luck!

Joe Della Barba  Coquina