From: ALAN BERGEN via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2022 1:18 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: ALAN BERGEN <trya...@alumni.usc.edu>
Subject: Stus-List Re: 35 MK I Mainsheet and Vang

4:1 is not enough in heavy air. As you increase the purchase (6:1), you will
have more friction which makes it more difficult to ease the sheet in light
air. Also, as you increase the purchase, you will have a longer sheet, and it
will take longer to sheet in and out. I have a 4:1 purchase plus a mainsheet
winch.  The winch gives me the extra strength I need in heavy air, and the 4:1
(rather than 6:1) lets me sheet in and out faster. You have to decide what is
more important for you.

Alan Bergen

35 Mk III Thirsty

Rose City YC

Portland, OR

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 9:37 AM Joe Della Barba via CnC-List