Bob,

The plate should be a collar.  Not sure what you're trying to do, but if
you're adding halyard turning blocks, I strongly suggest you consider
attaching the turning blocks to the mast like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsdTZpUEFRcjZ1SEE/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-Eczz38t6Fiv9c9lVdMjQ4A

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsdTZpUEFRcjZ1SEE/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-Eczz38t6Fiv9c9lVdMjQ4A

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsdTZpUEFRcjZ1SEE/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-Eczz38t6Fiv9c9lVdMjQ4A

With this configuration, the load is carried by the mast, not the deck.  If
halyard blocks are attached to the collar, the collar will be pulled upward.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA