From: Juliano Franz via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2023 2:37 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Juliano Franz <jufr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: C&C 25 depth sounder location

Hi all,
Sorry about ressurecting this topic. I only had time to go to the boat this
past weekend. Bill, the boat is a C&C 25

Here is an "annotated" drawing from Sailboat data that I will use for my
questions: https://imgur.com/a/3Ar35Pb

To me, there are three options (some easier than others) to cut the hull (2
inches round) and add the transducer:

Red marker: At the moment, the original (I think?) depth sounder is located in
the red marker *inside* the hull.

Yellow marker: There is a small access port to the fibreglass on the yellow
marker that *could* fit the depth/speed transducer. It feels very high on the
hull and a bit fragile as the fitting would stick out of the access port and be
a bit exposed (second picture of the link)

Green marker: Last option, cut a square access *hatch* on the plastic liner
wall (orange mark) that separates the "inside" of the boat from the fiberglass
hull and then cut a hole on the green mark.

Any mindhive thoughts? I am very nervous about making a hole in the wrong place
:)

Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 8:22 PM John Irvin via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com