You might like 1/4" thick PVC sheet, comes in 4' x 8' sheets for ceiling
panels.
Available from lumber yards or Home Depot.  One sheet is $70, but it can be cut
and sanded and painted like wood, but no splinters, bends easier than plywood,
never delaminates.  Waterproof, never rots and is light, fire resistant too.
Comes in 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" for more money.  Builders use it for exterior trim,
facia, etc.   It's softer than Starboard and is light like pine.  Great for
overhead panels.  One of the guys at my boatyard cut it into planks, routed the
edges, and screwed the planks into the overhead of his Peterson 34, planks
running fore and aft, to hide all the nuts and wiring.  Really looks sharp.  I
made companionway doors from 1/2" and they work great.

Chuck S

>     On 03/13/2023 9:51 PM Shawn Wright via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

>     The panels on my 35-2 are white plexiglass, and it is very pretty,
> especially with the multitude of screw holes around the perimeter of each.
> Possibly the 36 has a better mounting method. I'd prefer something more
> forgiving than plexi though, and might just investigate a nice spray finish
> while you have them all off.
>
>     --
>     Shawn Wright
>     shawngwri...@gmail.com mailto:shawngwri...@gmail.com
>     S/V Callisto, 1974 C&C 35
>     https://www.facebook.com/SVCallisto
>

>     On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 1:19 PM John McCrea via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com > wrote:
>
>         > >
> >         Hello. I am in the process of pulling all my ceiling panels out so
> > I can add new deck organizers, rope clutches and remove the four winches
> > around the mast. My panels are a thin marine plywood/veneer covered with
> > vinyl. I had painted them in place when I bought the boat and repainted the
> > interior cabin sides and ceiling, after having to fix some issues with the
> > cabin window frames etc. I am really tempted to replace and wanted to know
> > if anyone had gone with a thin plexiglass? Thanks.
> >

> >         John McCrea
> >
> >         Talisman
> >
> >         1979 36-1
> >
> >         Mystic, CT
> >
> >         Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album
> > site and help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> >         https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> >         Thanks for your help.
> >         Stu
> >
> >     >     Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album
> > site and help me pay the associated bills. Make a contribution at:
>     https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
>     Thanks for your help.
>     Stu

Thanks for your help.