I just found out about this SV -seeker a couple weeks ago while visiting a
friend in punta Gorda. It was a hot afternoon, so he started showing me
YouTube's of it. Then, the whole Sailing Anarchy thread, which goes back
years. This is a classic tale about a fellow who doesn't know what he
doesn't know, and moreover, refuses to ever learn what people might suggest
he doesn't know! Most of the sailing anarchy is made up of what he calls
trolls, who just follow it to ridicule him.  I can see is pretty hard not
to do. He has created this huge steel "sailboat" which is a stretch in
itself, complete with steel poles for spars.  This thing should never be
taken out in open water. It looks about is unseaworthy as some of those
huge cruise ships. He gets a lot of donations, and is supposed to be for
research. But no self-respecting, college or institution would ever allow
their people to go out on this thing on open water. Think, tiger King.

Bill Coleman
Entrada, Erie PA

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023, 20:05 Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Long weekend.  Took Touche' from its home slip in Mandeville, LA to
> Pensacola to get bottom paint and topsides touchup.
>
> Friday - Mandeville to Gulfport uneventful
> Saturday - afternoon weather looked really nasty so we just moved a couple
> hours down the coast to Biloxi.  Squall line hit us about 4 pm.  Felt like
> 40+ knots.  Boat heeled about 5 degrees in slip.  Glad we weren't crossing
> Mobile Bay.  Second squall line hit us about 4 am.
> Sunday - underway early to marina on ICW at Gulf Shores, AL.  66 nm in 9.5
> hours.
> Monday - easy motor up "ditch" (ICW) to Pensacola Yacht Club.  Anchored in
> Big Lagoon was this boat, S/V Seeker.  It's a junk rigged boat.
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Le3_Ue7BxFRxDTKPVv85RLvcW6ZC7Ome/view?usp=sharing
>
> More info can be found here:
> https://www.svseeker.com/wp/sv-seeker-2/sailboat/
>
> and here:
>
> https://www.svseeker.com/wp/blog/  (Watch his video about halfway down
> the page.  What a contrast!  A junk rig and a foiling AC40)
>
> While crossing Pensacola Bay the New York Yacht Club's AC40 America's Cup
> boat was practicing.  Wow!  The acceleration and speed is incredible.  They
> were gone down the bay in a flash.  I took some video but I can't seem to
> get it to work in Google Drive.
>
> Hauled Touche' this morning and drove 4 hours home.
>
> Now the question.  Why do I take Touche' 26 hours to get it painted?
> Answer - IMHO, the painter is way better than any in my area.
>
> --
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.