It should be a wonderful trip, Tom. . You will remember it for the rest of
your life. I think the Erie Canal is still free, which is amazing. That
costs NYS a ton.
I did it down to FLA with a slip neighbor in the fall or 2000 on a big
powerboat, loads of fun. I made the mistake of letting the owner know I
could cook, and ended up cooking breakfasts the rest of the way down, which
actually turned out not to be a curse. We had food MY way, The Stove was
right up on the bridge, so I could cook and watch the world go by.
Then I did it again in 2018 upbound from Annapolis. That was also a
wonderful trip, but it would have been more enjoyable as a passenger, as I
spent a lot of time fretting about groundings, which turned out to be not
unfounded.
My good buddy Dave, who is even more anal than me, took copious notes, and
put them on his blog, if you are interested. It is in Wordpress, which is a
little convoluted to read, but might hold some interesting info/Data and be
helpful.. We didn't sail, I took the spar out before the trip, and had it
trucked up, cheap insurance and made the trip a hell of a lot easier. If
you do not have a lot of overhang, it may not be too bad.  I always hated
just the short trip from the lift well to my slip with the spar laying
down.  I once caught the top of the spar on the sling cables backing out
with my 39 in a crosswind, and almost ripped the mast off the boat.

https://pilgrimliberty.wordpress.com/2018/05/page/2/

Bill Coleman
Entrada, Erie PA

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 9:49 AM Thomas Perison via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> All -
> After much of your collective feedback as well as discussions w The
> Admiral, I’ve decided to sail Therapy from Solomons MD to Buffalo.
> It should be a great experience- I hope.
> My planned window: leave late May; arrive about 2.5 wks later in Buffalo.
> A bit over 700 nm; based on initial planning.
> Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement !
> Tom
> Therapy
> 29 Mk2
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 28, 2023, at 8:41 AM, Matt Wolford via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>

> Background: My boat “Therapy” (29 mkII) currently is berthed in Solomons
> MD. I moved to Buffalo NY this past fall (the “why” is a long story
> …planning on trucking her here this spring (have quotes etc).
> Debating about selling her in MD vs the ~$4k moving cost.   I have put
> extensive work ($) in her over the past 5 yrs: new electronics w/NMEA 2000
> /  running rigging / interior / exterior cushions / Bimini & dodger /
> traveler & main sheet; lifelines,  lights; among other things.
> I know most of that doesn’t translate to much add’l value….online ads
> range from $teens to low $20s.
> My main question..thoughts on the least-bad option:  sell in MD or bear
> the cost to truck her to WNY?
> I believe she’s worth about $20k…thinking realistically.
> Before y’all think I’m throwing out the anchor - there is a very nice
> 35-Mk III for sale locally…!
>
> Cheers !
> Tom
> “Therapy”