Most likely it's an Edson, but another possibility is Whitlock.  They were
strong with Canadian yachts back when.
https://www.whitlocksteering.com/

Don't mean to badmouth Edson, but their service is 10% of what is was ten years
ago.  Then, you could find every boat's drawings for how the steering is
designed; every brand and every different C&C was represented.   Sadly, they
claim they lost all the files and stopped supporting the website.

Chuck S

>     On 04/27/2023 2:09 PM Richard Bush via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

>     Could it be Cinkel? (not sure bout spelling)
>
>     Richard
>     s/v Bushmark4: 1985 C&C 37 CB: Ohio River, Mile 596
>
>     Richard N. Bush Law Offices
>     2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine
>     Louisville, Kentucky 40220
>     (502) 584-7255