You only need one if you don't want to look like a Jeff Bezos rocket shortly after launch. Propane is heavier than air....so if you do get a leak, it will form a nice shaped charge in the bottom of your boat.
The ocean doesn't move that much.
Your choice.

Cheers,
  Jeff Nelson
  Muir Caileag
  C&C 30 - 549
  Armdale Y.C.

On 2023-05-31 14:28, Dave S via CnC-List wrote:
Going through this as well.  Your surveyor and insurance company will likely
recommend a gas detector and a solenoid switch.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2023, at 1:23 PM, Doug Mountjoy via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

I'm swapping out my old CNG 2 burner stove for a propane unit. My question is
do I need a fume detector for the new propane  system? I know I need a shutoff
valve.

Thanks in advance
Doug
Thanks for your help.