FYI...any resistance, whether head (rise) of discharge or corrugation of inner
will increase friction and thereby reduce the outflow and the  capacity of the
pump.   Smooth walled hoses for discharge are recommended.

From: Todd Williams via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 2:20 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Todd Williams <trwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Bilge Pump Intake Hose

Brian,

Are you referring to the hose for the manual bilge pump "Gusher" that is in the
cockpit?

On my 1980 C&C34 the electric bilge pump outlet hose (3/4") runs through the
cabinetry in the head to the outlet just below the toe rail. The manual bilge
pump outlet hose (1.5") runs under the engine and loops up to the Gusher in the
cockpit on the starboard side.

I replaced my manual bilge pump hose this spring. The previous owner had used
sanitary waste line, which was really stiff and had cracked. I just used
corrugated sump pump drainage hose from a hardware store.

I am happy to send photos if that helps.

TODD
Indigo Out We Go

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 1:59 PM Trevor Parry via CnC-List
Brian,

Before doing that have you tried cleaning the outlet of any potential debris or
blockage? Mine did the same thing before I launched this year and I managed to
clear it out with a wire after a few jabs then it worked fine.

Regards

Trevor

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023, 5:00 p.m. Brian Morrison via CnC-List
Hello Mates,

Can anyone tell me the specific type of hose used for the intake on a bilge
pump? The pump in my CnC34 stopped pumping out. I checked the suction on the
pump by temporarily disconnecting the existing hose and attaching a temporary.
I put it in a bucket of water and the pump worked fine. I followed the hose in
the bilge as far back as I could see but cannot see where it goes under the
floor through the companionway. I'm not sure if it is actually two hoses that
connect and the connection has come loose or if it's one long hose that has
been compromised. I plan to just run another hose. Any suggestions on the best
hose to use?

Thanks
Brian C. Morrison
Thanks for your help.